Monday, January 4, 2016

Three Things I Loved About the Eversea Books


There are two books in this series, plus a holiday novella. I bought the first one when it was on sale for 99 cents and then immediately inhaled all of them. 

There was no sleep, there was only Jack Eversea.

Blurb from Eversea:

When his co-star and real-life girlfriend is caught cheating on him by the tabloids, A-list hottie, Jack Eversea, finds himself in sleepy Butler Cove, South Carolina. Jack hopes the sultry southern heat in this tiny coastal Lowcountry town will hide him not only from the tabloids and his cheating girlfriend, but his increasingly vapid life and the people who run it. He doesn’t count on meeting Keri Ann Butler. 

(I read somewhere that this was inspired by the Robert Pattinson/Kristen Stewart break up. Not sure if it's true but it caught my attention.)

Three things I loved:

1. The way that Keri Ann views Jack's fame. I've read a lot of books about civilians who date film/rock stars and dealing with the paparazzi and hordes of other women is always mentioned, but Keri Ann was also worried that being with him would impede her own growth as a person and her career. I liked that she was thinking about he would fit into her world, not just the other way around.

2. The sneaky peek into the world of Hollywood dating. My love of trashy magazines is pretty much the only thing that gets my ass to the gym, so I have a weakness for Hollywood gossip even though I know it's all probably as real as the Feejee Mermaid (and none of my business anyway). 

3. The longing. I'm all about the longing when reading romance and Natasha Boyd did a fabulous job of bringing Jack and Keri Ann so-very-nearly-almost together but not letting them quite get there (poor things - but all those cold showers probably cut their power bills in half).

Check them out!

Book One: Eversea
Book Two: Forever, Jack
Holday Novella: My Star, My Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?