Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What's Up Wednesday?

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly blog hop created by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk to help writers connect and encourage each other. Want to join in? YOU TOTALLY SHOULD! Head over to Jaime and Erin's blogs to find out more :)



WHAT I'M READING: Oh my goodness. I have developed a New Adult OBSESSION. It's totally new for me and I CANNOT STOP reading it. I started with INSPIRE by Cora Carmack and then I read a few more of hers (like, maybe all of them) and then I just kept clicking.

You guys, I am reading them so fast that I am actually EMBARRASSED to put all the titles on goodreads because surely everyone will think I have given up on life and am locked in a room somewhere, eyes glued to my Kindle, neglecting my hygiene and responsibilities.

It's awesome, obviously.

WHAT I'M WRITING: I have been doing some research for my next project, which is fun. I had my first interloan experience! I also just got some more notes back on my WIP so will jump back into revising soon.

WRITING GOAL: Must. Revise. But.


There once was a girl from Dunedin
Who found that she couldn't stop readin'
To stop and revise,
She thought, would be wise,
Before both my eyes begin bleedin'

WHAT WORKS FOR ME: Thanks so much to Katy Upperman and Rebecca Barrow for recommending First Draft with Sarah Enni! This podcast is amazing and so inspiring. She interviews YA and MG writers about "writing, community, and the importance of place in a creative life." I listen to it while I walk the dogs and they have never been so tired because I just want to keep going :)

WHAT ELSE IS NEW: Um, not much, because my exciting NA reading obsession is taking up most of my time. Someone is probably going to have to confiscate the Kindle if I want to get these revisions done.

What's up with you?

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your obsession ;) Hope you can balance it with the revisions. *sigh* Don't you hate it when life gets in the way of good books? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love the poem. Enjoy the reading obsession and hope you get to your revisions soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'll have to check out the First Draft podcast! Also I love your reading obsession, that made me laugh (in a good way!). I love it when a genre/book/author grabs you that tight and you just can't stop reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we all need to check out of our real life and read nonstop for a little while. Don't sweat it. At least in my experience, the well for good books will dry up with an unexpected finality, and then you can write until it fills back up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're loving the First Draft podcast -- I think it's super inspiring! I'm curious about the NA titles you've been reading. I've found that I either *really* love books in that category, or totally hate them. Have you read MAYBE SOMEDAY (Colleen Hoover) or ROCK & RELEASE (Riley Edgewood)? I thought both of those were fantastic. Have a great week, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! You NA obsession and reading binge sounds like a blast. I will have to check out that podcast, sounds fantastic. Have a great week reading and trying to get some writing in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand your NA obsession. I go through phases too, where I'm obsessed with particular genres. :) Good luck writing, and on those revisions. Meh, I don't like revisions, but once I get started, it's usually not as bad as I feared.


    My What's up Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only read two of Cora Carmack's books because I know when I start one that I need an evening so that I can read straight through it. Thanks for sharing about the podcast... I'm going to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that First Draft Podcast too. I'm hooked. I've gone back and started listening to the ones from the beginning. Good luck with revisions. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to second Katy's recommendation of MAYBE SOMEDAY by Colleen Hoover. Really enjoyed that one, too. I hear you on craving NA lately. I'm sort of feeling the same way. I go through periods of time where all I want to do is read, and I think that's perfectly okay! Enjoy all the reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. My WIP right now is NA so I definitely need to read more in the genre. I'll have to check out Cora Carmack and the titles people recommended above!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I finally downloaded the podcast ap on my phone because I am old and wasn't 100 percent sure how to listen to them, but now I plan to do so while washing dishes each night. So thank you, and my dishes thank you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?